Loans at Longford Credit Union Limited
The two most important things about a loan are, being able to borrow the money and being able to repay it. At Longford Credit Union Limited we encourage you to manage your money carefully by structuring loans around your needs and your ability to repay. Establish a good savings record by saving regularly so as to build up security for your loan.
At Longford Credit Union Limited we have 3 very attractive rates of interest.
- Personal Loan 8.6% (8.95% APR)
- Education Loan 6.5% (6.7% APR)
- Community Loan 5.5% (5.6% APR)
Information correct as at 07/12/2016
Click on any section below to expand view
- There are no administration charges, hidden fees or transactions charges
- Credit union interest rates are fair and reasonable and capped by law
- Choice of repayment options to suit your circumstances
- Interest is charged on the reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments, without a penalty. Other lenders may charge you extra for paying them back faster!
- In the event of your death, your credit union loan is insured - subject to terms, conditions and eligibility criteria - at no direct cost to you
Your application is treated in the utmost confidence and will be considered on its own merits. In deciding, whether or not to grant the loan, we take into account your record of savings and loan repayments, as well as your ability to repay.
Our Standard loan rate of 8.6% means you can borrow at a reasonable rate of credit compared to other financial providers – compare us to other financial service providers and you will see that you get a great deal at Longford Credit Union.
To begin, with you have to be a member of Longford Credit Union Limited. For more information on becoming a member please click here.
There are two quick ways to apply for a loan with Longford Credit Union:
Our loan officers are available to meet and discuss your loan requirements at any time.
Loan officers are available to assist members through all stages of the loan approval process. Call us on 043 3341523
Terms & Conditions Apply
* All figures given on this web site are for your general information only, and give a rough guide to loan repayments. Any statements on this web site do not purport to be authoritative or legally binding. Longford Credit Union Limited accepts no responsibility for errors due to changes in rates or offers which have occurred after this date. You are advised to check with our offices for up-to-date rates and offers.
Whilst every care has been made in the production of this document, Longford Credit Union Limited or its staff, cannot be held responsible for any omissions, errors or other mistakes made herein. This document is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing and does not constitute an offer of finance or repayments.
Information correct as at 01/08/2017
Loans are subject to approval. Terms & Conditions apply.
If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
If you would like to enquire about a loan please contact us to discuss
Longford Credit Union maintains an insurance policy called the Life Savings and Loan Protection Policy (LP/PS), which activates on the death of an eligible member to increase the value of their savings which can be returned to the member’s estate or family and to clear outstanding loans.
There is no charge to members for this insurance cover.
FREE LOAN PROTECTION COVER
There are many good reasons for taking a loan out with Longford Credit Union and one of them is the free loan protection cover that comes with loans. This cover is designed to repay an eligible member’s loans in the event of death. This means you can borrow with the comfort of knowing that, subject to certain terms and conditions, your estate will not be left with the burden of a loan to be repaid. This is one of the many great benefits of being a member of Longford Credit Union.
- Automatic cover up to €8,000 regardless of health.
- Amounts in excess of €8,000 are covered subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. A member declaration is required, this will be fully explained at the time of loan application.
- The maximum coverage for members over the age of 70 is €40,000.
- Insurance cover ceases at the member’s 85th birthday.